Monday, February 27, 2012

Useless Clothing Purchases

In the past, our ancestors wore clothing that would protect their bodies from the elements. Over the years clothing became more fashionable and it's original purpose had changed from not only keeping the occupants sheltered, but also to provide the wearer with a sense of fashion. In today's day and age people have huge closets full of all kinds of clothing for similar situations. Is all that really necessary? We are just human creatures from the planet earth. Why would a creature possibly need 50 of the same style t-shirt? It's seems like madness to me. I am just as guilty as all the others. There are countless shirts hanging in my closet that I know I will never wear again, but yet I still haven't gotten rid of yet. We need to stop focusing so much on style and fashion and just buy clothing that fits certain situations and actually has a purpose; i.e. hunting, cycling, running gear etc. When the world goes into an Apocalypse are you really going to be happy you bought $300 worth of fancy underwear? I don't think so. And just to clarify I'm not a believer of any doomsday. That's not my style....YET!

No comments:

Post a Comment